References in this Notice to the GDPR are to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) (2016/679), which as from 25th May 2018 constitutes the primary law regulating how the personal data of EU citizens is to be protected.Contact details can be found at the end of this document.
Who We Are
The Chaiya Art Awards is a biennial National Art Competition which aims to engage, inspire and reward artists. It is run by Chaiya Trust. Chaiya Trust is a registered UK charity (with charity number 1176237). All references in this Privacy Notice: to our "Website" refer to the website at www.chaiyaartawards.co.uk, to "we", "us" and "our" refer to Chaiya Trust and Chaiya Art Awards; and to "you" and "your" are to you, the user.
Information We Collect
We collect, use and processes personal information in order to provide you with up-to-date award notifications, exhibition information and related services. We do not collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice. The personal data that we might collect from you is: -
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Home Address
- Telephone contact number(s)
- Email contact address(es)
- Artist Website
- Artists Bio
- Artists comment on their submitted work
- Any Special Dietary requirements ( for event attendance )
- Events attendance
- Paypal information for entry fees or book orders
- Any charitable gifts made to Chaiya Trust
We agree to abide by its obligation to ensure the secrecy of personal data and its duty to treat such data as confidential and will, to this end, take all necessary measures to prevent this data being altered, lost, processed or accessed without authorisation, in line with the current state of technological developments and in compliance with GDPR and British law. When any personal data is requested by either us or the Website the data fields marked with an asterisk (*) are obligatory and required, as this is considered the minimum amount of information required in order to manage a request or develop the desired service. The rest of the fields are optional.Users will in all cases be responsible for the truthfulness of the data provided, with us reserving the right to exclude any user who provides false data.
Where we get our information from?
We get our information directly from you, for instance: when you fill in forms or contact us by phone, email, etc., when you provide it to us electronically through our website or an online portal, plus information we get from your browsing activity. We may also get information from you by way of verbal requests to be kept informed of upcoming events, etc. Users must state their consent to receiving communications from us which includes:
Retention & Disclosure of your information
- Award, Exhibition or events information
- Invitation to submit to a competition
- Newsletters aka eNewsletters
Please note that as a small Charity, we use various online tools and services to store and communicate with its users and those expressing an interest to be kept up-to-date with competitions, exhibitions and and events. Those services are listed below:
- We will not sell, disclose or share your personal information (unless required by law to do so) without your prior consent.
- We will have a data audit every four years (48 months) beginning May 2018.
- This will be to assess which personal data is still required, and we will gain fresh consent (if required) to continue retention.
- Data deemed surplus to requirements will be removed and deleted unless we are required by law to keep it in accordance with our Charity status or HMRC purposes.
- In accordance with prevailing legislation, users accept that personal data provided to us will be included in files owned by Chaiya Trust.
- We retain information for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this Notice and for:
- Providing the requested services
- Managing basic administrative tasks
- Keeping users informed via email or eNewsletter, or by other means if required, about upcoming events, exhibitions, deadlines or services related to the Chaiya Art Awards.
- Emails are generated via Google's Gmail service. Google has its own set of privacy policies which can be viewed at the URL below:
- eNewsletters are generated via Mailchimp which has its own set of Privacy Policies which can be viewed at the URL below:
You have the following rights -
Information Commissioner's Office
- To be informed about how we obtained and use your information
- To ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
- To have your information rectified
- To request us to restrict processing of your personal information
- To request to have your information erased
- To object to, or to restrict, the processing of your information
- To have information you provided to us returned to you or sent directly to another company in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format where technically feasible
- To withdraw your consent where the processing of your information is based on your consent
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters.
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Email: (via ICO messaging service) https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Contact Details:Chaiya Trust, PO Box 444, Lymington. Hampshire. SO41 1EX
Alternatively you can contact us via email at email@example.com